Here were my March goals.
- read 3 books <<I read 1 and started another>>
- lift three times a week for 20 minutes <<I did this for 2 out of 5 weeks>>
- finish knitting Mia’s scarf <<definitely made progress on, but not complete>>
- take more photos <<eh>>
- job search and read up on my field (potential fields too) <<eh>>
- find a new way to volunteer <</>>
- quit twirling my hair <</>>
save money for summer trips (little to no spending)
- train/play with charlie every day <<eh>>
- lose 5 lbs. <<I lost 2 but then gained it back from lifting>>
I knew there was a reason I was heavy on the portion control and not on the exercise. I build muscle relatively quickly and an appetite to match. I hate to see my work in the kitchen backslide when my appetite becomes out of control when I’m exercising. However, I do feel much better having lifted the past two weeks. My body already feels stronger. I know that seems impossible, but I inherited some pretty awesome muscle building genes. 😛
On all points, March was not a great goal reaching month. Maybe I got a little ambitious.
April is going well so far. Our band has another gig this Friday. Hashtag excitement. Charlie and I have been having fun outside even with the snowy weather. I cannot wait until the weather gets a little nicer, and I can squeeze in some trout fishing. One good thing about March was that my summer vacation fund grew a bit, and I was able to put another $75 on my small loan so far. Baby steps.
- finish 2 books
- lift at least three times a week for 20 minutes
- finish knitting Mia’s scarf
- trout fish as much as possible
- sing more
- write more
- quit twirling my hair
- continue to save vacation money
- train/play with charlie every day
- lose 5 lbs. and/or a couple of inches all around
I’d like to take this month to focus on myself and less on how much money I do or don’t have. It’s hard when I really want to pay down debt. For right now, I’m doing everything I can, and I want to put more energy into my health and fitness and less on stressing about money I don’t have. So here’s to April!